Family Day Care Educator
Kempsey Family Day Care offers support and services to Educators in Kempsey, Port Macquarie and surrounding areas.
Kempsey Family Day Care is offering a unique opportunity for childcare educators to be involved in providing a stimulating and educational environment for children in a small group setting - 1 educator/4 children (under school age) plus up to three other school age children.
Did you know…that if you have completed or are currently studying a child care qualification, you could have a satisfying career, educating and caring for children, based in your own home.
Family Day Care is a service that can be flexible and affordable for families, offering government subsidies such as Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate.
If you are interested in a career in family day care, you can start by contacting one of our friendly staff on (02)65626387, to begin the application process.
We will send you an information pack and answer any questions you may have.
Requirements for Family Day Care
All Family Day Care Educators must have the following requirements before starting their child care business:
• be over 18 years of age
• be an Australian Citizen or hold residency
• complete and have a satisfactory Working with Children Check along with all adult household members over 18 years of age
• complete and have a satisfactory National Criminal History Check
• Australian Business Number ( ABN )
• provide the Co-ordination Unit with contact details of two referees.
• hold or be actively working towards a Certificate lll in Children’s Services as a minimum qualification
• provide proof of identity and residential address.
• hold a current First Aid Certificate and an Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management Certificate prior to commencing as a registered Educator.
• provide a medical clearance from a medical practitioner, stating that they are considered medically fit to care for children.
• Obtain landlord permission to conduct your family day care business if renting as well as Strata permission if in a Townhouse or Villa
Interview and Home Visit
Applicants will need to attend an interview with the service manager. Following a successful interview, the applicant will be given an ‘Application for Registration as an Educator with Kempsey Family Day Care’. They will then be visited by the Manager and another scheme representative at their home, to complete a ‘Home Safety Compliance Audit’.
The interviews/visits will determine the applicant's:
• Child development knowledge and practical skills/experiences
• Hygiene, safety and suitability of their home environment
• Communication skills
• Commitment, attributes and attitude
If the evaluation of the application, interviews and home checks is successful the applicant will be provided with a confirmation of acceptance and details of the induction and orientation/training program.
All New Educators will be required to:
• complete a Home Safety Compliance Audit of their home in conjunction with Co-ordination Unit staff, ensuring an adequate standard is met for the provision of the Service.
• obtain Public Liability Insurance
• attend orientation, training sessions and complete a comprehensive Induction Manual. This can be completed at the applicants own pace.
• to complete Work Health & Safety (WH & S) training/module and Child Protection training/module, prior to commencing as a Family Day Care Educator
• attend a minimum of one Scheme Playgroup session and visit a minimum of one current registered Educator prior to commencing as a registered Educator
• Accept and be prepared for ongoing unannounced home visits by Co-ordination Unit Staff during working hours, as well as Assessment & Compliance Officers from the Early Childhood Education and Care Directorate
• sign Educator Agreement and Code of Conduct
The Kempsey Family Day Care co-ordination unit will provide all new educators with a range of resources and documentation required to conduct their Family Day Care business at home.
In-Home Care Educator
Kempsey Family Day Care offers support and services to educators in Kempsey, Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie, Wauchope and surrounding areas.
An In-Home Care Educator is someone who enjoys working with children and who cares for children in their own home – up to 7 children.
In Home Care Educators may perform the following tasks –
• Supervising children and ensuring their safety at all times.
• Provide a range of activities and experiences for children in their care.
• Support and guide children’s behaviour.
• Maintain attendance records.
If you are interested in a becoming an Educator with In-Home Care, you can start by contacting one of our friendly staff on (02)65626387, to begin the application process.
Requirements for In-Home Care
All In Home Care Educators must have the following requirements before starting care with families:
• Current Working With Children Check,
• Current First Aid Certificate,
• Current CPR Certificate done within the last 12 months,
• Public Liability Insurance,
• Medical Certificate to state that you are fit to care for children,
• Australian Business Number ( ABN ),
• 2 Referee checks and
• New Educator Induction Training modules.
As an In Home Care Educator you will need to:
• Be over 18 years old,
• Have good health
• Enjoy working with children and adults
• Work unsupervised,
• Respond to children’s individual needs,
• Be confidential,
• Maintain paperwork and have the ability to run a small business,
• Be flexible and available to work standard and non – standard hours.
All prospective educators will be required to attend and complete the “New Educator Induction Training” package which covers all aspects of becoming an In Home Care Educator. Throughout the year in house and external training will be offered to Educators as part of their professional development training. Some training is provided free other training is at the cost of the Educator.
Currently it is not compulsory for In Home Care educators to have a Certificate III, however our scheme strongly encourages our educators to pursue further training and professional development to keep up with childcare industry standards. There are several training organisations which are available so please talk to us about your options.
The Kempsey Family Day Care co-ordination unit will provide all new educators with a range of resources and documentation required to conduct their In Home Care business.
Family Day Care. Just like home!